About U.I.S School!
As soon as you walk through the door of United International School you feel its warmth and creative energy.
Founded in 2010, United School was one of the first schools to believe in the importance of educating children to fulfil their potential, giving them the skills and confidence to take their place with pride in a modernising and fast-moving world. That tradition remains at our core.
The academic heart of United School is enhanced and lightened by the warm relationships between staff and students, the sheer joy they have in learning, and the encouragement everyone is given to dig deeper; to explore ideas, to challenge preconceptions and to develop their own ideas. Learning here is not just about passing exams. It is about a love of academic pursuits, inspiration and imagination. It is about the quest for ‘very great wisdom and understanding, and knowledge as vast as the sands of the seashore’.
From its very beginning, and in advance of its time, United School embraced a liberal ideology. We believe that true potential can only be unlocked when given the freedom to grow. Our rules are few and relationships are relaxed, yet respectful. Our curriculum is broad with plenty of opportunity for individual research, discussion and debate. Music and drama are open to all and are performed to a very high standard. The art studio is an oasis of creative energy. Sport is played with verve and distinction, and opportunities of all sorts are magnified many times over in the clubs and societies on offer. There is never a dull moment at United School!
Success here is not a collective measure. What matters to us is the happiness and achievements of each student according to his/her own lights and ambitions. Our students take ownership of their lives, to embrace opportunity and to grow in resilience and self-reliance.
United School is a caring and generous community. Laughter is never far from the surface and friendships abound. The students are encouraged to develop a strong spirit of philanthropy, and to engage with those around them who are less privileged than themselves.
- To provide a stimulating and safe learning environment with innovative and responsive teaching across the curriculum.
- To ensure that all students are empowered to meet the challenges of education, work and life in the rapidly changing global environment.
We aim to set high expectations in the classroom, making learning enjoyable and exciting.
Our purpose is to ensure that all students leave our school well prepared for their future. That they have opportunities to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to achieve their individual potential and play an active part in civic and economic life.
School values and Beliefs
We show respect for ourselves, others and the environment.
- Students are responsible for being organized, ready to learn, engaged in learning and doing their best.
- School staff members are responsible for carrying out their duties professionally.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for ensuring that their children are ready for learning and supporting the school as partners in their child’s education.
Being true to our beliefs – being honest, doing what we say we will do.
- Family is the primary influence on a child’s development and learning.
- Honesty and respect are essential in building and maintaining successful relationships.
- People are accountable for their actions.
- The desire to learn is an intrinsic human quality.
- A supportive, positive partnership among school, family, and community fosters successful learning.
- All children can achieve high academic goals within a supportive learning environment.
- Meaningful learning is enhanced through active involvement in the learning process.